I just found out that today is National Donut Day so I figured what the hell…I’ll post up my recipe. This is a recipe for cake donuts since when I want them I want them & I have no interest in waiting for yeast to rise. These are a really quick snack that are shockingly easy to make and really terrific to eat.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
1) In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make sure the dry ingredients are mixed well and then stir in melted butter and mix until crumbly in texture.
2) Add 1/2 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to mixture. Once incorporated, add the already beaten egg to the mixure. Let sit.
3) Heat oil on stovetop or in deep fryer. Make sure it’s enough oil for the donuts to be fully immersed, a wok is helpful since they’re deeper pans.
4) While the oil is getting hot shape the donuts. You can use donut cutters, biscuit cutters, or just shape them with your hands in a large O shape.
5) Drop into hot oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Take them out of oil and place on paper towels to absorb fat.
6) Top with whatever you want. I like to use chocolate butter cream or a little cinnamon and sugar. It’s up to you!